Friday, July 27, 2012

Five Workouts Friday

Switching things up a bit this week. Actually, this would more aptly be termed the lazy man’s blog post since I’m just linking up the various posts from the week. Don’t judge!

1. One is for Monday: Weight training (Backs & Lats) after the weekend’s RAC 2012. Missed Richard’s yoga class in the evening due to work (what else…the story of my life). Ravenous all day.

2. Two is for Tuesday: Hill training with Kenny after a 2-3 week hiatus. Run was good. Looks like the rest day did me good. Ravenous all day.

3. Three is for Wednesday: Double workout day: Weight training in the morning (see below – realized I missed this posting) and adiNation Training Run in the evening. Had the afternoon off work to run some errands and managed to quiet the zzz monsters and the sore quads and glutes from the morning’s workout. Woke up rested and geared up for a recovery run. Didn’t do too good with eats until dinner as I was running about. Ravenous all day.

Single sets of:
a) EPIC hack squat (I should be happy we’re doing this instead of the free-standing/Smith machine version. Operative word: should)
b) Cybex weight plate loaded leg squat press (my Michael’s “favourite” workout)
c) Single leg DB raised lunges (balancing problem when the weights increased and in Michael’s books, this is equivalent to every set)

Supersets of:
d) Technogym leg extension (hmm…start off heavy and keep loading up)
e) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Abductor (this and the next one two are attempts to build more defined quads – I swear I didn’t sign up for this!)
f) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Adductor

Single sets of
g) Cybex prone leg curl
h) Cybex Eagle Abdominal

4. Four is for Thursday: Epic realization (recovery runs do in fact work!!!) and hill training with Kenny although I slacked on this. Discovered 2 blisters on the left foot (under big toe and arch) and another on the right (balls of big toe), so hobbling and lumbering around was the order of the day. Ravenous all day.

5. Five is for Friday: Giving the legs a much needed break. Michael and I worked on Chest & Pecs this morning. I’m holding out on the ravenous bit even though I work up hungry (again!).

Single set and dropsets of:
a) Smith machine bench chest press

Supersets and dropsets of:
b) Smith machine incline chest press
c) Incline DB chest fly (even the puny weight was “heavy” and my balancing needs a lot of work)

Supersets of:
d) Technogym cable chest fly
e) Wide stance raised push-ups (never go wide…it’s 999,999,999,999,999,999% tougher!) Oh, unless you’re craving for a sado-masochistic workout. Someone forgot to let Michael know)

Supersets of:
f) Modified TRX push-ups (and the reps kept increasing for each set. Le sigh)
g) Roller abs
h) Leg raises (yes, we need to “practice” this until he’s satisfied)

5 (a) Anyone noticed a theme here? I’ve been hungry all day from the moment I woke up until I hit the sack. I. Kid. You. Not. I’ve been feeding the monsters every 2-2.5 hours (ok, maybe minus dinner – thank goodness I’m too tired to do anything else after dinner except to plonk myself on the bed). I’ve a feeling my colleagues think I’m gearing up for some eating contest or something! Who else have this problem?!?!?!? I was talking to Michael this morning and he said I was probably burning a lot more. Uh huh…this is not rocket science but I’m piqued as to why. I don’t think I’m doing anything different from the previous weeks or months or am I?

No comments: